Friday, March 15, 2013

We're All Excited for the End of the Work Week

Which is why Friday feels like two or three days in one.

The hours are dragging today. This gives me WAY too much time to think. I was so excited about it being Friday this morning that I was a bit too efficient in handling my workload.

It's so pretty outside, can't I please go out and play?

I've been on and off about motivation recently. I think, even though I'm improving in physical fitness and I'm reach more small tasks on my to-do list, I am over-critical of what I'm able to accomplish.

I'm still having trouble gauging how to use my time wisely and efficiently without driving myself absolutely bonkers.

I'm also noticing that I don't spend very much time socially with other women. I used to think that it was because most of my female friends when I was younger left so many wounds with the knives they lodged into my spinal tissue whilst I was distracted, but I'm starting to think that I really never learned how to make a concerted effort to truly stabilize my female friendships.

Maybe that should be my personal development goal. I'm well on the way to trying--putting together a baby shower for a friend and accepted a work social invitation to go out for tea. I'm relatively terrified by both--I just want to do thing right and have people like me.

Wanting to be liked--hasn't changed since elementary school. The kicker is, you can never actually know if people like you. I always want to know if people like me. It's hard to tell the difference between funny and awkward.

How do you build friendships? I know spending time can be a major component, but there's a lot more to it.

I really wish I'd been like my parents...they have a group of friends from college that stuck with them that they usually see at least once a month. I can't get a game night organized twice a year with the same people. Is it my generation or my people skills?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.