Tuesday, April 26, 2011

As much as I hate crying...

It seems pretty necessary. I don't know if I'm the only person that does this (sincerely doubt it, with so many people on the planet I can't be weird enough to share each of my quirks with  at least a few people, right?), but when I get angry and raise my voice, my stomach curls up and I eventually start coughing (sometimes resulting in upchucking). It feels awful. Lately, I've been trying to let the frustration not come out so much, but allow my sadness to come out so that I cry and it's hard to do. I think maybe I'm afraid to cry, even when there's no one else around.

I'm under what I'd consider an uncomfortable and damn unreasonable amount of stress right now. (Yes, I know that's the point, if stress was reasonable, it likely would not be stress.)

With the ages of the kids, work projects, the final processes of my divorce, juggling reporting and all kinds of financial silliness, making sure to have enough time spent with the kids, and finding things to do so that I don't completely lose touch with reality, the positives have been harder to focus on. I feel like the things that I do are never balanced and never enough.

I will say that my body is doing better, I've been slightly more responsible with sleep and eating patterns, and I'm slowly digging myself out of both self-created and life-imposed holes, but I really wish I could make the processes faster and stop hitting times I let myself feel overwhelmed.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps feeling overwhelmed isn't always your fault, though. In other words, perhaps it's not that you're LETTING yourself feel overwhelmed; perhaps you just ARE. If so, don't beat yourself up about it. I mean, really, who could blame you for being overwhelmed. You've got a lot on your plate. But, if anyone can handle it, you can!
    - Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.