Friday, April 1, 2011

Pranks Don't Make Fools

Ok, so it's April 1st, April Fool's Day...people have fun. Like other crazy, stupid holidays, I find it enjoyable and comical as long as no one is harmed.

Today, however, I'm fixated on an entirely different kind of fool so I'm going to tell you a story.

Two weeks ago, a boy and girl, friends though a friend started talking about the possibility of getting to know one another better.

He talked about riding horses, going to dinner, dancing...having a good time, getting to know one another the right way. He kissed her on the cheek and then said he'd call her soon.

He did call her, he asked her to a concert that she was dying to see. She was excited about it. She bragged about it, got all warm and fuzzy about it, and they talked. They talked about music and movies, family and fun times. For once, things seemed to be going in a good direction in the right way and nothing seemed wrong. He said he had a job, owned property, owned horses, and he made her feel like she was the only girl he was interested in.

Two days later? Not a word. In fact, she didn't hear from him until the day of the concert and all she received was a picture of a red-headed girl that was much...bigger-boned than she was, smiling with a caption stating: This is the girl I've decided to take. Nothing else.

So as the girl that's sitting here, feeling like an idiot, I'm on pause. How can people decide to treat each other like this? Granted, I'm lucky that I'm not seeing such a horrible person, but really...what could make someone so cold that they'd set up something like this?



To anyone that has ever been the brunt of another person's hatred, insecurity, or prank of possibility stripped away, you're not alone, people are not all bad, and things do get better. I promise. Even if I don't know you, I love you and I hope you're having a lovely evening.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment.