Friday, June 24, 2011

Strive to Remember Compliments

I have a tendency to look at criticism and categorize and sort it in my long-term, permanent, iron-clad memory, but when it comes to compliments that make me feel proud, I take them, put them in the short-term, and forget them.

I received the nicest thank you note anyone has written me in a long time, not only because it showed appreciation, but it listed some of my strengths. I've decided to write it down so that I remember it:

LK: 
I just want to know that we appreciate you! 
So here are a few reasons why we appreciate you professionally and as a friend:
Also a few things I like about you:
  • Your frugal sense is pretty incredible
  • How you look at everything from various points of view
  • How willing & ready you are to help others when you can
  • How friendly you are to everyone
  • How creative you are--you seem to have many groups/hobbies you're committed to
  • How honest you are--you've helped me learn a lot as a leader
  • Your generosity--breakfast buffet :)
I received it from my supervising leader and I feel quite proud to be myself today. I hope I can remember it on the days when I don't feel quite so good about being me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.