Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dreaming of an LK-cation

I realized the other day that all of my vacation plans are short, hurried, usually involve children, and are generated depending on what someone else has come up with/what we want to get done/how we want to get it done.

I have not, in my adult life, taken a vacation that was purely mine, where everything I've done was truly to feel regenerated, selfishly, for myself.

I'm not saying that it bothers me that I tend to go to attractions, with people, taking my kids in tow, and generally wearing myself out to have fun and see new things, but as my life is changing, I'm actually considering trying to take a little time for myself--even if it's just a weekend, I may plan an LK-cation. I admire (and occasionally giggle) at the idea of attending a spa, but I think I may actually want to try it.

The wheels are turning...I've worked hard and I'm a bit worn out. I wonder if I can take some time without feeling completely guilty?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.