Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Yay Tax Refund...

I was excited today to pay off my property taxes with my tax refund. I can honestly say that ten years ago, I generally would have predicted I would never be excited to pay bills. Yet, the idea of putting money in my children's savings accounts, paying the taxes, and putting something into savings is more important to me than whatever I may have seen myself spending my hard-earned money on.

I don't think I've become more practical. I'm still going to have some fun with the refund. I've been looking at garden gnomes to find the right one for my desk and I hope to find him soon. I want to purchase him and let him sit there, staring at everyone who passes my cubicle. I still enjoy frivolous things, but my focus is definitely more on the things I remember wondering about when my parents would sit and plan budgets. i realize now how important that financial security is and having children and being their primary provider, it's up to me to provide that security.

It's exciting, it's scary, and I feel a lot less stress today than I felt yesterday. Working as hard as I have been finally feels like it's starting to settle out and pay off. Yay for things when they go right!

I may have found him:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.