Monday, December 5, 2011

Of Error & Trial (after error & trial after error & trial)

I think at one point in my past, I created great difficulty for someone in the data entry world. I must have caused a catastrophic error that has led to my comedy of errors (or tragedy as I very well know that eventually we all take the dirt nap).

In this case, I unknowingly had to have drop-kicked computer karma and thus created my crazy struggle with correcting data entry errors residing in files regarding my life until the end of time (or maybe just the middle of 2012...that remains to be seen).

Why am I ranting? Because it's quieter than laughing and much more convenient than crying.

No not all of the errors create supreme difficulty followed by hours on the phone listening to broken elevator music while I begrudgingly get hung up on three times before actually getting a hold of s human that has a 30% chance of being able to correct the error. Most do, but on rare occasion, I receive someone else's good news.

Today, for example, there was a message waiting in my work e-mail box congratulating me on my $500 bonus and promotion...in Pittsburg. The e-mail must have been intended for another Laura Hart who was in  a completely different office/ program, but what I found most amusing was they had everything wrong because I even received the e-mail meeting invitation for the fancy dinner party for new management assistants. I did have to take the time to make sure the proper people were notified so that the real Laura Hart might receive her congrats and good news. Granted, I wish I could have that bonus, but today's error was more comedic than tragic.

Anyone that has known me long enough knows that from birthdays to digits in prices entered into a computer to random errors in identification and billing have made my life and relationship with customer service representatives a little strained. Usually I make them laugh, and no one gets angry, but I swear, I never want to hear waiting music on the phone again.  (We all know I spend  and will likely continue to spend my lunch periods listening to it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.