Monday, April 9, 2012

Are You THAT Stupid, or Is It Just That You Think I Am?

There are people I've had it past "up to here" with and it's not actually for any reason other than their absolute inability to realize simple facts....ones that I've been more than vocal about.

A chronic narcissist obsessed with himself somehow decided that I must be as well, and instead of checking facts he avoided important things while living in his mind with his deluded fantasy. How hard is it to ask one question? How hard is it to look away from the dramatic story being fed to the brain and just clarify a thing or two?

I know the answer, so if you haven't realized that I'm ranting and these are rhetorical questions, I apologize. I'm a little frustrated and disgusted right now.

I feel like I'm a fairly predictable person. I focus mostly on my kids, I struggle for a clean house, and when I'm in the zone, everyone should get out of the way because Mama gets things done. I care about my family above everything else. I love music and spending time with friends, and most of the time, I will choose doing the responsible and necessary thing over frivolity, not because I want to, but I factor in everything and am very concerned with doing the right thing.

How someone can be so arrogant? Silly question really. Lately I've met a lot of arrogant people. I have a very simple news bulletin: I really don't care. So if you think I spend time thinking of you, that's a  lot of wishful thinking. Even my closest friends aren't getting a lot of my time right now. It's not that I don't care about people at all--it's that I don't have time for stupid drama.

Moral of this rant: if you are concerned about something with me or want to know something, just ask. Seriously, it's much easier than me feeling the way I do right now.

If it seems uncharacteristic of me....it's probably not the truth. Between people being stupid and rumors, it's no wonder people choose to have their entire social life play out online--can we please get out of freshman year of high school? (OMG...)

Rant over :) I feel a bit better now.

1 comment:

  1. Most people spend their whole lives living out high school. I see it all the time in my business practices.

    Truly happy people give it up, but it's a challenge for most.

    Good luck.

    ~Adam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.