Thursday, April 26, 2012

It's Hard to Ask

I've been working on being assertive and being aware of my needs, but it's hard when it comes to actually saying what needs to be said.

I have been around people for days...every day, every night, my free time is mostly taken up by being around someone until the time I need to finish chores and go to bed.

Today, it took everything in me to tell someone, I need tonight to myself. 

Why is it so hard to be honest about such a small thing? I know I have trouble disappointing people, but to say that I want one evening after the kids go to bed just to myself--why is that so hard?

At least I did it. At least I'm moving in the right direction, but I'm amazed at how simple a statement it is, but how hard it felt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.