Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Like a Love Song, Baby

I've had "I Love You Like a Love Song" by Selena Gomez stuck in my head all day long today.

Do to this inconvenience, I've spent awhile thinking about the concept.

There are a lot of ways to go with it...there's the flaky, surface-level, ditsy, romantic notion of love in pop songs where hearts flutter and the world is happy and no one ever fights. We accept and appreciate a partner for their flaws, lifting up their chiseled jaw, ruby red lips, or the way he looks in those pants as the epitome off all things good and lovely and ridiculous.

I don't think I would be flattered to be loved the way lyrics portray love in any cookie cutter love song. To be in a song, to be frustrating, and amazing, and loved would be interesting, but if less than two pages of words can sum up how it feels, what it means, and why I love someone, I don't really think that's love.

Call me crazy...I have had the song stuck in my head, so I'm sure there are love songs out there that are at least enticing when it comes to how I'd like to be loved. I just can't think of any with Selena Gomez blaring in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.