Thursday, June 7, 2012

How to be Ageekable

I'm a geek. I'm a dork. I am also irritatingly adorable and ridiculously cute sometimes. I'd blame my vicinity to children, but being a mom hasn't made me this way, I'm naturally creative and silly and I love looking for small things to make life more interesting.

This week, I was given three magnets: a unicorn, a gnome, and a buffalo. I have magnetic poetry in my cubicle, along with a stuffed Spock, a magic geek ball, a lego TARDIS including the Dr & Amy Pond as well as flowers, pictures and cards from my kids, and collaging supplies.

The magnets made a lovely addition to my little ensemble. I've named the Buffalo Ralph and I've assigned the magnet "Surveillance" to him, the Gnome is named Wilson and he is in charge of the "Tech Support" magnet, obviously the unicorn is "Mission Control" and I've named him Harold. They are the new conversation starter in my cube--am I a complete and utter dork? Of course, but that's who I am and I wouldn't change it for anything.

I'm at work--there's no reason to get bored.

3 comments:

  1. You're hardly a geek. A true geek would have been over at my house in a heartbeat hearing there's even more old computers over here right now. Now if you excuse me, I have nerdy geek things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will likely never be a true computer nerd/geek. I don't enjoy computers despite my knowledge of them. I'm a sci fi fantasy rpg gamer with a love of music, movies, trivia, board games, antiques, off beat British comedy, show tunes, and anime. There are many types of geeks/nerds and I think it's interesting that you of all people would limit the definition for likely activities one would engage in as a geek or nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I find it interesting that I still can't properly give my friends shit through sarcasm via text :) Geeks shall inherit the Earth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.