Friday, June 8, 2012

Writing Songs in My Sleep

I have a lot of friends in music...and they're amazing. Performing is an art I have yet to master, but I think the part I find most impressive is the ability and willingness many of my friends have to take pieces of themselves and share them openly and completely with other people.

I am an incredibly insecure person when it comes to my talents at writing, singing, collage art, poetry, songwriting--I even have a tendency to destroy work I've created because it's so personal I can't bear the thought of the criticism.

Recently, I started sharing more, being more open about myself in my writing, allowing friends to see my collages and talking about topics with people I trust that I had previously deemed inappropriate. i don't know if I'm taking a stand or if I'm just sick of being insecure.

I think this all comes hand in hand with my desire to make the relationships, friendships, and motivations in my life to be honest, open, and my decision.

I'm hoping that by allowing my creative and emotionally energy out, I'll be a happier and a healthier person. I just have to get past being terrified.

I have dreams where I sing and sometimes I wake up and write part of them down. When I do sing them to myself in the shower or go over them while I write or collage, it does feel better. I hope that I can keep with this. I feel better when I have creative outlets.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.