Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ranting and Errors

I hope I'm not the only one.

I have a lot of friends that make a lot of mistakes when they type rants.

Logically, this makes sense. The more upset they are, the quicker the words fly from their minds to their fingertips, and they press enter before fully reading through what they've written. In addition, being upset renders the editing brain useless.

Part of me really wants to correct the rant. I want to see it in full formulation, concise, and brilliant.

The other part of me realizes that to say anything is poking a rabid bull. More mistakes = more angry = less receptive to edits, criticism, and conversation.

But it would be so brilliant edited.

Luckily, my sympathetic side that values feelings is more powerful than the side that wants to see a more precise argument :)

I also know I'm guilty of the same when I rant and most people don't prod at the angry cat, so it's a valued reciprocity.

1 comment:

  1. HaHa. I'm definitely guilty of both making errors when ranting, and wanting to edit "errors" in others' rants. It's not just you. Glad it's not just me, either. ;)
    - Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.