Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Benefits of Having a Mother who Games

Children, there are numerous reasons you should be incredibly thankful for mothers that play role-playing games, video games, and board games:

1. Your name is not Amberlaine, Dracon Feuer, Tessyton, Ruckley, Ba'Dass, Emony, Krissianna, Strongbad, Kittilaina, Forcewind, Raphael, Heartplate, Dax, Prometheus, Yarn Gnome, Azirini, Zug, Dezon, Edzec, Vazu, Audrid, Xaba, Hothot-ugn, Lil-Bo, R'othartam, Worf, or Kitty Panda because Mommy has player, non-player, familiar, and pet characters she can name cool things instead of causing you problems at school.


2. Instead of saying no all of the time, we leave it to a coin flip or a die roll. Trust me, you get your way a lot more often this way because it's about chance and not practicality.


3. Mothers may limit your video game playing time, but at least we understand. Isn't it better to have a mom that will play with you than one that tells you it's rotting your brain and you should never play? Hand eye coordination is very important.


4. Some families go to Yellowstone, others go to Comicon, and a few do both. Be thankful we're interested in exploring possibilities. Creativity goes a long way in planning vacations and everything else. We don't even have to leave the house to have an adventure.


5. You get to play with foam swords and pretend no matter how old you are without being ridiculed. You don't have to, but you know it's fun. And yes, I wear ridiculous costumes sometimes. At least I don't dress in spandex and hot pink over-sized sweaters.


6. It's easier to believe in wishes and dreams when you have a parent to believe in them with you. Want to be a rockstar or archaeologist? Let's do this! If you're committed, so am I. Mommy's characters didn't level up all alone.


7. I respect your privacy because I want some of my own. Leave my dice alone, you want some, ask Santa for some for Christmas.


8. I'm more inclined to let you become who you want to be. I wasn't a cheerleader or jock in high school, so if you are that's fine, but you had better be nice to the geeky types! Being both is all right too :)


9. My idea of a gym is Just Dance on the Wii. You get to make fun of me and I don't have to leave home to exercise. You know you like it too...



10. Your life will never be boring. You can say:

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment.