Monday, March 19, 2012

ABCD...

My task for myself today was to try to get the international phonetic alphabet into my head because I actually used "Mermaid" to confirm M, "Unicorn" to confirm U, "Battlestar" to confirm B, and "Xylophone" to confirm X. Other people use the words from the phonetic alphabet instead of saying B like Battlestar or whatever other nonsense I've been saying.

For those who do not know it:
Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, Hotel, India, Juliet, Kilo, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Papa, Quebec, Romeo, Sierra, Tango, Uniform, Victor, Whiskey, X-ray, Yankee, Zulu
(At least that's the version I've found, I'm sure there are variations.)

Anyhow, wish me luck...I want to be comfortable replacing letters since claim numbers can include both alphabetic and numeric characters. (That and trying to confirm spellings of things...other people use it to talk to me, I need to be comfortable translating the words to letters and vice versa!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.