Thursday, March 1, 2012

These Are My Feet

I feel like I'm a real adult now...I've been offered help recently and turned it down. I've managed to get all of the financial crises under control on my own. In the past, I would borrow here or accept a gift because I really couldn't make it so that my life would run and everything would keep going.

For the first time in my adult life, I feel independent of my family and the friends/significant others apprised of my situation. I'm not running ahead, paying off all of the debt from my marriage and everything else in one bound, but I'm paying the bills, taking care of my family, digging into the debt, and I have finally started to establish a reserve for emergencies.

There's a very calm feeling that I haven't ever had before in regard to finances, like maybe I'm finally starting to get out of the pit, and the fact that I've done it on my own after all I've been through makes me feel very proud.

For a long time, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to set a good example of budgeting and planning for my kids because I'd never had to do it before. I was completely wrong and underestimated myself. Shame on me, I should have known that I'd get here---after all, I am pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.