Friday, March 23, 2012

Bruce Rosenbaum : My New Steampunk Idol

I've done a lot of reading about steampunk because it fascinates me. The creative meshing of the Victorian aesthetic with modernization is not only aesthetically pleasing, but each person has a unique style they add to their personal effects, almost like a fingerprint of an artist on a popular movement.

I haven't had a lot of time and money to create my own pieces, but a recent news article sent my eye toward a man that really is into steampunk for the rights reasons--he was creating new pieces and adding them to old furnishings through restoration before ever hearing or knowing about the subculture.

If you look at the articles, the pictures are amazing. As I'm heading to Anomaly Con this weekend, I thought this would be an appropriate choice. Enjoy a few photos, but visit http://thephoenix.com/Boston/life/135933-bruce-rosenbaum-steampunk-interior-designs-unlik/ and http://steampunkworkshop.com/visit-steampunked-home for more!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.