Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 2: Something I love about myself

Sometimes it seems like a weakness, but the thing I love most about myself is my ability to feel. Emotionally, I connect and become passionate about people, causes, and companies which gives me a certain genuine enthusiasm. I like to be a part of something. I like to author my own story in terms of the stories I see around me, and I feel like the ability to empathize and view the world from multiple perspectives gives me a unique outlook. Sympathy allows me to understand a person's values and beliefs without having to share them. I have a talent to step forward when someone else is hurting and be that shoulder to cry on or ear to rant in. It is a strength that I have derived a lot of pain from, but I have learned so much that I wouldn't have it any other way. When I think about the things that make me uniquely LK, that sensitivity is at the top of the list. I would rather be a trustworthy confidant than a fair-weather friend or uninterested spectator in life--it's been said more than once that there should be more people like me. I take pride in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.