Friday, May 4, 2012

Can't Buy Me Love

I think that dating is the single most irritating and stressful byproduct of human interaction. 

It's very difficult to relate to people who are romantically interested when I am just trying to make friends and move forward in my life.

There have been significant changes for me recently, most of them very personal, and I'm entirely too exhausted and too stressed to deal with people trying to charge into my life expecting my thanks when there's been no real effort to get to know me. 

We live in such a fast paced society. I'm certain there are those who believe by dabbling in a few of my blog entries, they've somehow gained a greater understanding of who I am. 

Want to get to know me? It's going to take time, effort, real life interaction, shared new experiences, and trust. I'm not going to give my trust willy nilly. That's how you get hurt. I feel that if someone wants to know me, there is going to be effort. If I want to get to know someone, there is going to be effort. 

If internet stalking is the best you can manage when you're trying to get to know someone, might I suggest editing that approach? It is easy to live life in the virtual world, relating to people superficially, but it's much more fulfilling and real if you're even just chatting over a cup of coffee at a kitchen table. You just don't get as much from text and pictures everyone is sharing that were posted on George Takei's facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.