Thursday, May 10, 2012

How to Get Written Off

People piss each other off--it's normal. We don't agree, we clash heads, we talk, and if we're respectful enough, we stay friends and move on. Conflict resolution is probably the most important social skill we have. If you can be assertive and disagree with another person and remain cordial and remain friends, you have something figured out.

The problem is when you're watching people spout passive aggressive nonsense. Friend A is mad at Friend B for unrelated event 521. They cut each other down, they talk about each other, and they never resolve why they're upset about event 521, coming up with new things to be angry and stupid about every chance they can.

This is normal because people don't like to deal with their problems, but from my standpoint, when I see my friends engaging in this mindless, negative behavior, I don't really want to deal with either of them anymore.

How do you get two people to sit down because they're acting like toddlers? No idea, getting a toddler to sit down is a feat.

Too bad you can't force other people to grow up and act mature. I'm seeing a friendship that should have blossomed turning into a dramatic he says, she says scenario, and I'm over them unless they can get it resolved.

(And yes, I've said this...which will probably only result in both being angry with me, but who needs this crap, anyway?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.