Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wishlists

I've been asked the same question by a few people recently. Do I have a wishlist and does anyone that reads my stuff/knows me every randomly buy things for me off my wishlist?  (Yes, more than three people asked me about this...did I miss a recent news story about online bloggers receiving gifts off of wishlists?)

Um, yes. I have wishlists.

No, no one really buys things for me off of them. I do on occasion, but I guess unless it's my mom saying, "What do you want for Christmas/birthday?" the wishlists are simply there.

I guess it never occurred to me that a stranger would be interested in sending me a gift? I don't usually go online, read something online, and think, hey, I should see if this person has a wishlist. I don't think people have that much time or money. Those that have money probably aren't surfing random blogs online, and those that have time, probably don't have the money as a generalization.

If it now bothers you that you do not know I have a wishlist, I will post them at the bottom of this blog...I have one on ThinkGeek and one on Amazon. (Not that difficult to guess, I know.)

I think the point is, I was surprised by the question, would be happily surprised to receive a surprise, but generally, I don't think people really do that kind of thing? Do they?

ThinkGeek: http://www.thinkgeek.com/brain/gimme.cgi?wid=81d86fe05
Amazon.com: http://amzn.com/w/2A7FIVQNOGB6U

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.