Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's a Hard Knock L...Ooo Shiny!

Lately, I've been intentionally distracting myself--the things that go wrong or that are bothering seem extreme and annoying and unless I make myself take a mental breather, I can't handle it.

The latest helpful distractions have been clipping things out of magazines for my college, season 4 of Eureka, and folding laundry while playing with the cats. That last one isn't the smartest in the world because the cats keep getting on the laundry, but at least I have a roller, so I can get the hair off before I throw it away.

Yesterday, I went on a walk during lunch. It wasn't distracting enough because I was still just with myself and that makes me think about everything that is going on. I think music would have been a good idea.

It's been more stressful than I anticipated to be assertive. I keep second guessing myself...should I really have said that? Are things really the way I want them to be? And in some cases, I'm still figuring out what I need to say because there are people out there that don't get things even when you're telling them straight out.

Anyhow, I don't feel much like I've made progress this week. I usually call my mom or gram, but they're otherwise disposed and having an awesome time. I'm hoping once I have a sounding board again, I'll start feeling like things are progressing further.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.