Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010

It's hard to really express thanks today when the world is caught up in turkey and football, but I think the very real truth is I should remember to express thanks everyday to the people in my life that make a difference.

This year has been hard and whether it's a dinner or coffee with a family member, karaoke or enjoying a laugh over a drink with friends, or playing a game or watching a movie with someone, the small things that have made a difference for me.

I have added many wonderful people to my life this year and although they're blossoming friendships, I value them greatly. I also feel incredibly grateful for those who have stood by me--it's hard to find friends that stick around when things get rough.

Today, I'm going to reflect and take pause with my family, enjoying dinner, and being thankful for my family, friends, and being an American. We enjoy many freedoms and opportunities. Although some days I'm disappointed because of the difficult times our country is going through, it's important to remember that we will not be locked up for speaking out, we have the ability to make a difference, and if enough people get behind something, anything is possible. Those are not truths in many countries, but here, we have more power than we like to think. We just have to be thankful for our liberties, remember to fight for them, and enjoy them together.

To all of those who have spent a moment making me smile, held me in tears, curled up over popcorn, taken a walk, shared a nice chat, missed me from afar, or just shared a smile across the room, thank you. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.