Thursday, November 11, 2010

Unbalanced, Dazed, and Trying to Take a Deep Breath

I feel as if life sometimes hits me all at once. I will be bored and calm and mildly productive for a week or two and then things all happen at once.



While a child is sick, something happens to the car, I have things to finish at work, but I'm lacking so much sleep, I can't get anything done. At the same time, the laundry is overdue and I begin feeling sick and have appointments I absolutely have to make. All of a sudden, the things I had planned that seemed so minor, like a concert, karaoke night, or gaming session all become so unimportant because I'm running to the hospital and depending on my family's help just to get through the week.

I always start second-guessing what I should do in my free time, if i should take any at all. If I'm not taking care of the kids, working, or sleeping, can I really justify doing anything other than trying to make sure all of the paperwork, cleaning, and miscellaneous activities are in order?

It's hard to think that taking time to relax for myself is a bad thing, but if I hadn't, a week like this wouldn't set me back so far. I guess I really feel like I should reexamine my priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.