Monday, November 29, 2010

When life gives you stress...

Apparently I respond to different people in different ways.

For example, a few of my closer friends and family witness me constantly shut down on the phone or in person with them when a straw hits my back that I can barely take. The stress overwhelms me, I focus on it, feel like the world is going to end, and they convince me that everything is going to turn out all right and/or happens for a reason. 

On the other hand, I have friends who show concern when things are crazy that I can feel like things are going to be okay. I don't seek sympathy and I try not to focus on the problem but instead all of the solutions in front of me.

I'm trying to figure out what causes those two different reactions. Obviously on some level I seek sympathy, but what brings out the stronger, more confident, optimistic version of me? I'd like to hone in on that. I think people would enjoy being around me a lot more (even under stress).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.