Sunday, November 14, 2010

Perfect Guy? Yeah I Suppose I Have an Idea

I was doing an exercise in a book earlier today in the strange attempt to figure out what I want in my life. It seems like something I should know, but honestly it's been a lot harder than I've expected. Right now, I'm stuck on this idea of what a perfect guy for me would be like. So here's my brainstorm I guess...

Physically
-Somewhat masculine, with the ability to lift and help with things where I need help, can play at least some sports, a bit athletic in personlaity
-Maybe a little rugged, definitely somewhat good-looking, symmetrical, but a little mysterious
-Intense eyes, strong hands

Mentally
-Incredibly intelligent, interested in learning and talking on a variety of subjects
-Nerdy and not afraid to be that way
-Can discuss without debating, and debate without having to win

Emotionally
-Mature, has dealt with some major things in life and handles them like an adult
-Doesn't rush in but isn't closed off either
-Pays close attention to my feelings/wants/desires
-Positive outlook on himself but not narcissistic 

Lifestyle
-Manages money well (and hopefully has a moderate amount)
-Decent job that he enjoys
-Likes a variety of things hopefully including video games, dancing, going out to nice restaurants, karaoke (or at least going to watch me), sitting and watching movies, eating ice cream, massage, maybe a little shopping, going to libraries, cafes, and museums, concerts and theater, travel, working on home improvement projects, and maybe likes to work on cars
-Loves kids and is able to interact naturally with them
-Has a good relationship with his relatively normal and supportive family

What else should be on the list?

4 comments:

  1. Dang. That's almost my husband. :) Might explain why I'm a mighty, mighty happy lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess Dieter, it's incredibly encouraging to know that there are good men out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I may have met this guy before ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.