Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Things that Annoy Me (and Why): Exhibit C

Shirts drive me absolutely insane. I am a large-chested woman. I do not like trying on a sweater and having the bottom be up to my bellybutton because it was designed for a flat chest. Granted, there are fashions and companies that cater to the larger-chested, but why do most of them look like tents?


I have a nice hourglass figure...so why do I have to look like Gus from Cinderella or like I'm wearing a freaking circus tent?

I understand that a lot of fashion is still designed and should not be worn by anyone outside it's originally modeled market, but let's be honest, bigger people try to wear those fashions and it would be a service to humanity if the fashions did not exist.

It should be easy to walk into a store, find a decent looking shirt, and leave the store. Men can usually do that--their measurements are designed right into the styles of the shirts and they can pick it up and leave. I envy that process. Between finding colors that match in clothing where all pieces fit can be a nightmare. I don't think it should be. I should know when I pick up a shirt that because it's a specific size, it will fit over my chest and fall to an appropriate length.

Anyway, rant over, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.