Monday, December 6, 2010

What Does it Really Mean to Pay it Forward?

This weekend, I received the kind of extraordinary gift that I can't even begin to express my gratitude for. The only string attached to the generosity is that at some point in the future, when things are better financially and I can that I pay it forward.



How will I know that whatever I finally do will possibly have the same fuzzy feeling of gratitude? How can I ever hope to do something as wonderful for someone that has been done for me? I admit, I go overboard sometimes, but this is so far beyond that, I have never done something as meaningful or impactful as this gift is going to have on my life even if only for a short while.

Hopefully when I have my chance, I'll know. The universe does have a funny way of working out.



Heart full of holiday spirit, things are starting to feel right. I hope when things are tough again that I remember moments like this. Faith in humanity is hard sometimes, but the truth is, the people I love, the people that are there for me; they are the reason that I should never lose that faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.