Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten me through some tough days.

Oh wow...this one is hard. Music gets me through everything. There are so many. In high school, Avril Lavigne, the Beatles, Shania Twain, George Strait, Delerium, Matchbox 20, the Barenaked Ladies, and Eve 6 got me through everything. But now? I mean it's more single songs that really get me when I'm feeling a certain way.

Music has a way of reaching into my deepest feelings and connect with something happening in my life. Living is a soundtrack. The songs that have been the most meaningful for me lately are:

"Jar of Hearts" - Christina Perry
"One Life to Love" - 33 Miles
"A Little Bit Stronger" - Sara Evans 
"Raise Your Glass" - Pink
"Believe" - Staind
"Invisible" - Skylar Grey
"Leveller" - Plasmacrash
"Second Chance" - Shinedown
"The Best Thing" - Relient K
"This Little Light of Mine" - LZ7
"Hate to Break it to Ya" - Musuji
"Through the Glass" - Stone Sour
"Paper Angels" - Panzer Ag
"Secrets" - One Republic
"I'm Letting Go" - Francesca Battistelli
"Joy" - VNV Nation
"I Could Just Kill a Man" - Charlotte Sometimes
"King of Anything" - Sara Barielles
"Jawbreaker" - Ascii Disko
"You Belong With Me" - Taylor Swift
"Firefly" - Sister Hazel
"Silence" - Delerium feat. Sarah Maclachlan
"Mixtape" - Butch Walker
"Undisclosed Desires" - Muse
"Sweet Dreams" - Marilyn Manson or Eurythmics
"Consider Me Gone" - Reba McEntire
"Mr. Crowley" - Ozzy Osbourne
"Sex, Drogen, Und Industrial" - Combichrist

I guess music is just too central for me to pick a band or a song. I feel like music sort of interacts with my life. It's never been a single band, artist, song, or genre...it's a combination of styles and lyrics that just speak to me. They help me to feel angry, sad, or lonely when I need to, but songs can also uplift my spirits, make me laugh, and play along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.