Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Make Life Amazing

Why is it that even the times we're not really risking anything, spontaneity and silliness seem to be out of line with 'what we should do'? For me, ladies and gentleman, I'm done with it.

This week, I've done some interesting things. I stopped off on a road at a random fire station to see what was going on because I saw Smokey the Bear and got excited.

I ate at a restaurant because I saw it on the top of the hill and figured, why not?

I took a box of paints and made a finger-painting of a rainbow eye because I felt like being crafty. (I'm now going to collage on top of it as an experiment.)

You know what? My flash-thought actions haven't taken my life and turned it upside down or even affected anything important except my smile. I feel better when I take a moment and do something with it.

As a child, you don't think about what's worth your time, you act accordingly to how you're feeling and it's okay. Granted, I need to make time for things I have obligations to do, but why not have a five minute conversation with a bag lady in the supermarket or drink coffee from a divey looking coffee shop instead of that predictable Starbucks on the corner? Why don't we add random events more often when adulthood sets in? Are we too "grown up" for it?

Well, in any case, I'm done. I'm happier when I try new things and go with it sometimes. I don't need a life change, my life is dynamic and it's always part of the change. Being happy is being myself, if you can handle that, you're welcome for the ride. If you're not, well, kindly get out of the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.