Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 22: Something I wish I hadn’t done in my life

When I was in sixth grade, I was in an advanced math class. When I asked the 8th grade teacher for help with a concept, she told me I didn't belong in the class. Being stubborn, I asked my mom to take me out of the class and I convinced myself that I was terrible at math (and consequently science). It took me years to really feel like trying in either. If I didn't get it without thinking, I didn't want to deal with it.

I later found that I really liked both math and science. With more effort, I think I could have gone a lot farther in both and I probably psyched myself out of some pretty awesome career options. I know it's not too late so I could remedy the situation. Who knows, the future is full of possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.