Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 26: Have I ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?

I've dealt with the kind of struggles that made me wonder why my brain was still driving on, the kinds of days where I just wanted to go to sleep and not wake up, and there were some very dark thoughts and less than kosher actions in my past.

I think it's really important for people, especially going through major life changes, dealing with puberty, and those with the possibility for postpartum or seasonal depression, to focus on making sure that emotional struggles are not dealt with alone.

There are times when I felt like I couldn't ask for help and it felt like I was drowning. I'd drag myself down and sometimes I wasn't sure I was ever going to be happy again. I get really scared when I think about how many people struggle and how taboo it has been to admit that something is wrong. The fact is, all people have bad days, things happen we can't control, and it's okay to seek help. I'm hoping that the more open the conversation becomes, the more acceptable asking for help will be.

If by chance you're reading this and you're feeling like you have no one to talk to, no way to fix whatever is happening, please, if you know me, you can always talk to me, and there are numerous resources at your disposal. The most important are the suicide hotlines which can be found at  http://suicidehotlines.com/, the national hotline 1-800-273-TALK (8255) is a great resource. You're never alone. Never give up, never surrender <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.