Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 14: A hero that has let me down

I've had to sit and consider this question for a long time. I have had a lot of heroes that have done amazing things--Nelson Mandela was a major influence on my thinking. However, people like Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr, and Eleanor Roosevelt didn't ever have a way to let me down. I think the biggest disappointment I had with someone I wanted to emulate and that I respected was Philip Pullman. I wrote a letter to him while in high school because I was passionate about his creativity and his books, but I was quite disappointed that he never wrote me back. I still love his work, but it's hard when you look up to someone and send them something and you don't even get a thanks for writing picture or some kind of response.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.