Saturday, August 20, 2011

Weddings and Other Nonsense

I've had a few friends get married this summer and we weren't really close, so when they were saying they couldn't invite everyone, I simply stated that I was fine with not getting an invitation.  I felt like taking the stress off was a nice thing I could do. Also, we weren't really close so I didn't think I necessarily merited an invite.

So every freaking day after these weddings other common friends ask me why I wasn't there. "I thought you would be there..." etc.

I don't want to be mean, but seriously, I wasn't invited so obviously I wouldn't be there, and really, it didn't bother me that I wasn't invited until people start bringing it up.

Should I have been there? No, I wasn't invited. Would I have gone if I had been? Of course, I love my friends and I love spending moments with them that are beautiful. I am happy for my friends that got married this summer, and yes, I still consider them friends. Seeing how people react makes me wonder why everyone doesn't just elope? Other people make speical events so much more complicated than they need to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.